Adrastea

“Adrastea” computer system starting…
Current time 6:00… Current Year 2797… 235 days since launch… estimated 1 hour until landing on Mars…
 Crew:
Captain: Clara
Copilot: Lennon
Spacewalkers: Duke, James, Adam

“Wake up boys, only two days left” Clara said with a loud voice in the damp bedchamber.
“Adrastea” is an old spaceship, the walls were rusty and the pipes cranky, but it does its purpose.
The dining room is decorated to look like a vintage 2100 kitchen.
Everyone was nervous and exited at the same time.
“15 minutes till landing” The computers metallic voice echoed through the ship corridors.
“You’d better go prepare now” Clara said, “alright then” You could hear James anxiety, after all it was a very dangerous job. They would have to walk 50 kilometers to the drill station, 50 kilometers in a constant fear of sandstorms.

Clara and Lennon went to the control deck while the others put on the spacesuits and went to the elevator that would lead straight to the surface.
“Hello, test, test, can you hear me?” Lennon asked the space walkers.
“Yes, loud and clear Lennon.” Duke answered.
Clara took over the microphone in the control deck “I will begin sending you down shorty stand by…”

In the elevator everything was quiet.
With a loud bang the elevator started to descend slowly.
Adam saw that James was shaking so he asked “How are you feeling?” “I-I-I-I don’t kn-know”
“There is nothing to be worried about” Adam said encouraging to James. “Yes I know” James said with relief in his voice. “I just feel…”
There was a loud snap from the elevator and they started falling, fast and before they knew it the elevator smashed to the ground.

“Hello can you hear me, I repeat can you hear me!?” Clara shouted into the microphone.
“He-hello. Wh-cough-what happened?” Adam Asked confused lying on the ground.
“Hello I repeat can you hear me?” “Yes I can hear you” “Ca.. Hear.. me.. –BEEEEP-“
“Stupid radio” Adam thought to himself. He started to look for Duke and James.
After a good 20 minutes Adam found James dead lying under a sand pile about 30 meters from the elevator. “Fuck me, he was only 24” Adam Tried to use the radio again to no avail.
But then he saw footprints in the sand “That must be Duke” He thought and saw no other options then to follow them.
He must have walked at least 2 hours in the red desert before he saw a collapsed body and ran towards it “Dead” Duke had been his best friend for almost 20 years and now he laid next to him, dead.
It was then he saw it over the horizon, a large sand storm was coming towards him, quick, Mars sandstorms was no joke, he realized he would not have time to go back to the ship for cover, he was stuck. the only change he had was to bury himself in the sand and wait out the storm. He started digging as quick as he could with his bare hands, but before he knew it the strong sandstorm was a 100 meters away and he didn’t have time, the sandstorm grabbed him and flung him away.

“Hello can someone hear me”
“Wa… Hello this is Adam” he responded.
“It’s Clara were are you, were are the others?” she sounded worried.
“I found James near the elevator dead and I’m lying next to Duke… Also dead…”
“Oh my god I’m so sorry… I knew you were close, but were are you now?”
“I buried myself in the sand before I the sandstorm hit, I’m probably about 10 kilometers away from the ship” he said “Okay but you can’t come back here, you’d be better of going to the drill, the radio there should be working.” She said “Okay” Adam said “And Adam”  “Yeah?” “Be careful.”
With that Adam started walking towards the Drilling station, After 3 hours of walking Adam saw the Drilling station in the distant and started to have hope.
It was then he saw it, a huge sandstorm appeared behind him, he hadn’t seen a bigger sandstorm and he ran, he ran to the station door and tried opening it… Locked… he turned and saw the sandstorm, and his whole life flashed before him and with a bang Adam was hit between the massive sandstorm and the old drilling station.


The End 

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Skattkammarön bokrecension

språkhistoria